Office came into a brand new block. Today is the official opening event. Today is also the corporate t-shirt day.
What went wrong:
- Tried looking for my t-shirt since Saturday. I put them in the pile ‘to-be-ironed (TBI)’. Slept beyond 2:00am to settle them. Status: Still missing in the morning.
- Was making breakfast, he hollered that he had to go NOW. His meeting bound at 7:30am and it was 6:50am. It takes a while to get to his work place. But I was a bit mystified when he said he can’t even make time for cereal. Fine.
- Sent the boys to school. Wore my bra outside my pajama t-shirt. Put a sweater on top.
- Came home to see all the sandwiches I made for breakfast are gone. None left for me – YEAY… #feelingsad
- Went to make myself a new sandwich and plain cheese sandwich for the other still sleeping kid. Had to fight my way into the bedroom to keep them there so that no one else will eat them – or the cats.
- Text the family if anyone has seen my pile of TBI. Definitely I’d have to apply for EL if I can’t find it. It is an official opening event!
- Found that my mom has accidentally brought the whole TBI into her room over the weekend. Work begins at 8:30am. I got the t-shirt at 8.40pm and decided to take my time. Left for work at 9:15am.
- While at the traffic light, I noticed that I’ve got foundation on my dark blue pants – at the crotch! Aih.
- At the junction near the office, my car suddenly has loud sounds from the tyres. Yes. The right front tyre is flat. Okies.
- While getting on the system at work, I had to speak/email/verbal abuse/listen/accept people’s verbal abuse/throw a tantrum/calling everyone else to channel the tantrum someplace safe with several internal departments. At this point of time, they are still unresolved. And 3 items are URGENT requirements.
- While getting No.10 done, Simba tried to interrupt the flow and tried to put in a hand WITHOUT my knowledge or authorisation as he knows nothing about the processes. But he had to do it, you see. He was compelled to be ‘helpful’. Some awesome jerk he is.
- I, pulled a tantrum when I got a call from Finance, telling me that ‘my boss’ (WTF), Simba had tried ‘following through’ with them when we are still waiting on the approval process at Level 1 where it doesn’t even involve Finance yet. So I began shouting – JUST STOP CALLING EVERYONE. YOU’RE NOT HELPING. WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE PROCESSES? SO JUST STOP MAKING THINGS DIFFICULT FOR EVERYONE! Simba fell quiet. Simba should’ve fallen through 15 floors. Such ick.
- I couldn’t sleep throughout the night – worried about the uniform, I suppose. I kept waking up every 1 hour since 4:00am.
- This dark desire for 5 cigarettes. Dark dark dark desire. Just something that I cannot afford to have.
- For the moment that my car went flat, one colleague was concerned and came asking me as soon as I got out of the car.
- Then the boys whom I work with, went ahead to help me change the car into spare tyres and brought it for sealing. I’m so thankful for them.
- So many came to aid listening to me rant because me, being so resentful that it did not finish when all these internal customers kept calling me back to follow through everything else.
- One of the men said, God is planning something so great for you right now for you to be grateful for, once all of these are done with. Be patient, he reminds me. Okies.
I am tired. Beyond words. I can’t follow up with anyone right now to rectify the system’s glitch just to get my requests done.
And I’ve got Selena to go to. I’m really praying that I won’t fall asleep just because I love her and we paid so much to be seating in the front row!