How has the world began closing in so fast?
It is all beyond all our control for now. We can only stay indoors and be vigilant of keeping ourselves alive.
I am in Malaysia where the lockdown has begun since March 18th and has also been extended to mid-April. Personally, I think it will be extended into May as many are still ill and some population seems to think their being indoors is to be at the socialising in groups of people.
The wet market in my area has closed to 50 people maximum per entry. There are workers from the wet market that have extended services to send goods to the door of their customers. Food deliveries and even Starbucks are sending straight to the doorstep, for which we are still thankful for.
Supermarkets like Tesco and retailers like 7-Eleven are also changing their business times to work with the Mandatory Restriction Order (MRO).
For my town, people has been compliant. Although I still see other states and other areas there are still people in largely dense population areas, as such teenagers hanging out at neighbours’ houses.
The police have since gone through housing estates on their loudspeakers chasing these groups into their own houses, and clearing playgrounds and parks. Some areas where required, the army has been dispatched for assistance.
These things are still beyond for some. There is only so much we can do about the situation.
For those still in countries without any lockdown, please:
1. Learn to wash your private parts with a hose so you don’t have to join in the rush for toilet paper. Just get a plastic hose and link it to a tap if it is within reach. If not, use a soda/mineral water bottle filled with tap water and do the wash. Wash your hands with soap after.
2. Don’t wear shoes in the house. The shoes for outside, is for outside. Have separate slippers for in the house. I actually don’t understand the concept of bringing the dirt from outside to all over the house until up on the bed.
3. Have wet wipes and the sanitiser spray in your handbag/purse. Keep one wet wipes in the car as well.
4. Have 1 box of mask and 1 box of gloves at your door. Only to be used for those who need to be the one going out. One person only to be doing all the shopping for the household. If need be to go out for other reason, 1 person only.
5. Spray your gloves with sanitiser first before taking them off and disposing them properly. Dispose your mask properly as well. Spray on a wet tissue and run them over your vehicle steering.
6. After coming home from errands/work outside, please spray yourself with sanitiser and shower immediately. Put your clothes for washing in a plastic bag so no particles from outside can meld with others in the house.
7. Purchase only what you need. Others need the same items you need to have too.
8. For consumption of fresh food, please douse your vegetables and fruits in salt water for 1-3 minutes. We don’t know who would have touched them before you.
9. Please avoid playgrounds, jogging outside, parks and NO GYMS. I understand the antsy-ness of not being able to do the things you are accustomed to. Find other alternatives, please.
10. During this troubled times, please have concern for our family and neighbours who are without assistance. Ask if there is anything you can do for them. If they have enough to run with during the lockdown. You may be able to help them buy coordinating buys of groceries or other needs and sending them over their doorstep. There’s no harm in sending over food too. But just please leave them on their doorstep for the transaction so you can be at safe distant from them.
Be mindful because some of us may have better antibodies, and not know we have it. But bear in mind, we could be a carrier. This would harm others for our own ignorance.
This is all that I have at the top of my head.
Please know that if any deaths of CORVID-19, the burial will have to handled by the hospital. The body will be double wrapped in plastic and buried without family being able to see from the last they entered the hospital.
Keep safe, be vigilant and considerate at all times. Hopefully the loop will end soon.
Sending love from across the world.